Molybdenum is frequently used for...
Molybdenum is frequently used for making steel alloys, high strength alloys, and super-alloys. Molybdenum compounds usually have a low solubility in water. Industrially, they are used in high-pressure and high-temperature applications such as pigments and catalysts.
Heeger Materials (HM) provides customized Molybdenum Rod & Molybdenum Bar with the shortest lead time and the best price.
Warning: Last items in stock!
Availability date: 03/01/2013
Please contact us if you need customized services. We will contact you with the price and availability in 24 hours.
|Materials||Molybdenum metal/TZM/MoLa Alloy|
Molybdenum rod has high melting point, good thermal conductivity and low thermal expansion property. At high temperature, can resist oxidation, high strength. Molybdenum rod can be used to manufacture electric vacuum device and electric light source parts, also can be used as high temperature heating element, high temperature structural parts, electrodes, etc。
Molybdenum is an outstanding material that can meet the most exacting requirements since its high melting point, low coefficient of thermal expansion and high level of thermal conductivity. Heeger Materials provides customized molybdenum and its alloy products.
Surface oxide removal method editing
1. molybdenum products have the characteristics of easy oxidation. When heavy oxides need to be removed, use strong acid (fluoric acid, nitric acid, hydrochloric acid, etc.) to treat. Please pay attention to the operation.
2. Mild oxide with the addition of abrasive cleaning agent, with a soft cloth or sponge, wipe, and then wash with warm water.
3. Cleaned molybdenum products will lose the metallic luster, please pay attention.
Surface Finish of Molybdenum Rod & Molybdenum Bar:
• Cleaned: The surface is chemically cleaned to remove all lubricants and oxides.
• Black: The surface is either as swaged or as drawn and retains a coating of processing lubricants and oxides.
• Ground: The surface is center-less ground to remove all coating and to achieve precise diameter control.
Specifications of Molybdenum Rod and Molybdenum Bar:
The customized moly bars and moly rods are available in various dimensions upon your request.
Diameter Tolerance (inch)
Length Tolerance (inch)
0.08 - 0.40
0.40 - 0.80
0.80 - 4.00
Length Tolerance (mm)
Packaging of Molybdenum Rod and Molybdenum Bar:
The Mo rod and Mo bar will be packed in wooden case supported with soft materials to ensure that the products thus packed will not shift inside the cases.